As you know, the Bargain Center has been temporarily closed several extended times throughout the COVID pandemic. As such, we’ve been dealt a significant financial blow. Please consider a financial donation to the Mission so that we may continue to serve the men in the Rescue Mission who are currently experiencing homelessness. Here’s a few ways to make a donation:
Mail to us directly at:
Rescue Mission of Cape Fear
PO Box 1175
Wilmington, NC 28402
Thank you for your support and PLEASE SHARE!!!
The following guidelines will be in place:
- HOURS CURRENTLY ARE 9 AM-4 PM FOR THE STORE FOR SHOPPING AND 9 AM-3 PM FOR RECEIVING OF DONATIONS. PLEASE BE ADVISED, SOME DAYS WE WILL CUT OFF DONATION RECEIVING TIMES EARLIER THAN 3 PM. PLEASE CALL US TO FIND OUT OUR LATEST UPDATES REGARDING DONATION RECEIVING TIMES.
- MASKS WILL BE REQUIRED OF ALL CUSTOMERS AND STAFF. WE ASK THAT YOU PLEASE MAINTAIN 6 FEET OF DISTANCE BETWEEN YOU AND OTHER CUSTOMERS WHILE IN THE STORE. AS WELL, THERE ARE CURRENTLY NO PUBLIC RESTROOMS AVAILABLE.
- ALL CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 16 MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT AND STAY WITH THAT ADULT WHILE IN THE STORE.
- IF YOU FEEL ILL OR SICK, PLEASE DO NOT COME INTO THE STORE.
- WE WILL BE FREQUENTLY SANITIZING CARTS, BASKETS AND OTHER COMMONLY HANDLED ITEMS.
THE RESCUE MISSION HAS THE FOLLOWING CURRENT NEEDS:
- Cases of water for our men who work on our trucks and at the Mission daily
- Breakfast meats
- Sauces and condiments such as ketchup, barbecue sauce, etc.
- Individual snacks such as fruit cups, nabs and granola bars.
- Fresh fruit and veggies
- Plastic and paper plates, cups and bowls.
- Large canisters of coffee like Maxwell House, Folgers and the like.
- Large containers of creamer such as Cremora, Coffee-mate & the like.
- Toilet paper, paper towels and napkins.
As well, we would GREATLY appreciate any and all financial donations of any amount as our main revenue source, our Bargain Center, had been closed since March 21, 2020. Please contact us through direct message here, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us a message on our voice system at 910-343-0366 if you are able to help us out.
God Bless you all. Stay safe and be well!
FINANCIAL INFORMATION ABOUT THIS ORGANIZATION AND A COPY OF ITS LICENSE ARE AVAILABLE FROM THE STATE SOLICITATION LICENSING BRANCH AT 919-814-5400. THE LICENSE IS NOT AN ENDORSEMENT BY THE STATE.
The Rescue Mission of Cape Fear was founded in 1974 in Wilmington, NC as a non-denominational, Christ-centered ministry serving the homeless and their needs. Located at 502 Castle Street in downtown Wilmington, for over 45 years we have made it our mission to serve the homeless, hungry and hurting of the Cape Fear Region. At any given time, we can serve 16 men in our program.
Our Mission offers physical and spiritual healing to the homeless population in the area who come from so many different walks in life. Daily we provide food, shelter, clothing as well as chapel services, devotionals, access to the self-help groups in the area as well as life’s other necessities. Two times a week the men in our program attend Celebrate Recovery at local churches to help them in their recovery process. On Sunday mornings, the men attend local church services as we alternate through the different faiths of Christianity. You may find them at an Episcopal service one Sunday while the next week they could be at a Methodist, Baptist or other non-denominational service.
Through support and cooperation with local churches, community partners and our donors, we can help the men in our program work towards recovery and a new outlook on life. Over the years we’ve found that we can change the face of homelessness in our community one person at a time if we work on the balance of physical and spiritual needs of each individual.
The Mission staff work daily to help further foster independence and the realization for the residents in our program that there is a HOPE for a different, brighter and better future!
Find the most up-to-date information about the Mission and Bargain Center on Facebook or Twitter.